Qualiherb Purple Gold cream
Qualiherb Purple Gold is a nourishing cream helpful for general skin healing, dry skin, chapped lips, acne and minor burns. It is a combination of 4 Chinese herbs including Lithospermum (gromwell or stoneseed), Coix Lachryma-jobi (Job's Tears, Adley or yiyiren), Licorice, Dong Gui and vitamin E.
- Lithospermum has been found to act as an antioxidant that helps to defend the skin from oxidative stress and collagen loss. In lab testing researchers found that pretreatment of skin cells protects them against damage from hydrogen peroxide and ultra violet light (which is a damaging component of sunlight).
- Coix Lachryma-job. An extract of coix ("adley extract") was found by researchers to inhibit production of melanin, the dark color responsible for some types of skin discolorations. It also exhibits antioxidant properties making it useful for fighting free radical damage in the skin.
- Licorice or Glycyrrhiza glabra L has been identified as a rich source of flavonoids and polyphenols with antioxidant capacity that is helpful in protecting the skin from aging.
- Dong Gui, also known as Angelica sinensis, traditionally used to reduce itching and increase healing in skin disorders, is valuable here for its anti-inflammatory effect in acting on cells in connective tissue that release histamines and other biochemicals.
- Vitamin E. This is a powerful antioxidant that protects cell membranes from oxidative damage.